To sign up for emmy you only need a smartphone with internet connection, the emmy app, a driver’s license (class B), and an EC-card or credit card.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SIGN UP?
- You need a valid driver’s license for motor vehicles (class B, at least)
- An EC-card or credit card
- A smartphone with internet connection (Android or iOS)
- The emmy app
- And one cheeky smile – this time without the hat and sunglasses, please
Do I need an EU driver‘s license to sign up?
How old do I have to be to use emmy?
How do I verify my driver’s license in the emmy app?
- To verify your driver’s license, first download the free emmy app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store to your smartphone.
- Next, follow the instructions provided in the app itself. You’ll take a video in the app of your driver’s license and again of your face together with your driver’s license. Please make sure that the information on your driver’s license can be clearly read.
- We’ll then check the authenticity of your driver’s license and, if this is successful, grant you access to our fleet of scooters. Response time to your verification submission may be longer depending on other incoming requests, so we ask for your patience in the case it takes longer than usual. Normally, verification during our designated hours (Mon to Fri: 8am – 9pm, Sat to Sun: 10am – 8pm) is pretty speedy.
Where do I find the verification option in the app?
- The first time you open the emmy app you’ll be asked to provide the same login credentials (email address and password) you created during the registration process.
- After you’ve successfully logged in, you’ll see a gray bar above the map (“You’re not verified yet!”). Tap on this bar to begin the verification process and follow the instructions in the app.
How do I verify my driver’s license offline?
If you wanna do this old school, you can for sure drop by one of our contact points and show your driver’s license. Here you’ll find a list of our driver’s-license verification sites in Berlin:
emmy office & workshop
Alboinstraße 17-23, 12103 Berlin (Mon: 3pm – 5pm, Wed: 10am – 12pm, Fri: 2pm – 4pm)
Mövenpick Hotel Berlin
Schöneberger Str. 3, 10963 Berlin (Mon to Sat: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm, Sun: 9am – 1pm)
Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
Otto-Braun-Straße 90, 10249 Berlin (Mon to Sat: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm, Sun: 9am – 1pm)
Leonardo Hotel Berlin Mitte
Bertolt-Brecht-Platz 4, 10117 Berlin (Mon to Sat: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm, Sun: 9am – 1pm)
Leonardo Hotel Berlin
Wilmersdorfer Straße 32 (Eingang Spielhagenstr.) 10585 Berlin (Mon to Sat: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm, Sun: 9am – 1pm)
Köpenicker Str. 154, 10997 Berlin (Entrance A) (Mon to Fri 9am – 8pm)
What is my user name with emmy?
What happens if I forgot my password?
How do I redeem my promotion code?
How are you at emmy protecting my personal data?
Service line: 030 220 124 40
Opening hours, office:
Mon to Fri: 9am – 8pm
Opening hours, workshop*:
Mon: 3pm – 5pm | Wed: 10am – 12am | Fri: 2am – 4pm
*for test rides or in-person registration