All you need to register with emmy is an internet-enabled smartphone, the emmy app, a driver’s license (EU Class B) and an EC or credit card.
What do I need to register?
- You need a valid car driving license (at least Class B; unfortunately, we cannot accept provisional driver’s licenses).
- An EC or credit card
- An internet-enabled smartphone (with Android operating system or iOS)
- The emmy app (You can download it for free in theGoogle Play Store or the App Store.)
- Last but not least: a big, happy grin – but, just for today, don’t wear a hat or sunglasses.
Do I need an EU driver’s license to register?
Even if you don’t have an EU driver’s license, you can still register for emmy. However, the driver’s license verification cannot be completed via the app, only via Skype or offline at one of our verification points. For verification via Skype, simply add emmy.sharing to your Skype contact list and get in touch with us during our verification hours. (Mon – Fri, 8 AM to 9 PM and Sat + Sun, 10 AM to 8 PM).
How old do you have to be to use emmy?
To use emmy, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid car driving license (Class B). Unfortunately, we cannot verify provisional driver’s licenses.
How do I verify my driver’s license via the emmy app?
- To verify your driver’s license, first download the emmy app for free from theGoogle Play Store or the App Store on your smartphone.
- Next, follow the instructions in the app. First, you’ll need to record a video of your driver’s license and then a video of both your face and the license together. Please ensure that the information on your driver’s license is clearly legible in your recording.
- We will then verify the authenticity of your driver’s license and, upon successful authentication, activate your account so you can make use our fleet of scooters. Depending on the amount of pending submissions, it may take a short time to process your verification. Therefore, we ask for your patience in the event of a delayed response. However, the verification process can usually be completed rather quickly during our verification hours (Mon – Fri, 8 AM to 9 PM and Sat + Sun, 10 AM to 8 PM).
Where can I find the verification option in the app?
- When opening the emmy app for the first time, you will be asked for your login information (e-mail address and password), which you defined during the registration process.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will see a gray bar above the map. To start the verification, simply tap it and follow the instructions in the app.
How do I verify my driver’s license offline?
If you prefer to do it old school, you are more than welcome to visit one of our contact points in person and present your driver’s license.
Here’s an overview of our driver’s license verification points in Berlin:
emmy office & repair shop
Alboinstraße 17-23, 12103 Berlin (Mon, 3 to 5 PM, Wed, 10 AM to 12 PM, Fri, 2 to 4 PM)
Mövenpick Hotel Berlin
Schöneberger Str. 3, 10963 Berlin (Mon – Sat, 9 AM to 1 PM and 2 to 6 PM + Sun, 9 AM to 1 PM)
Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin
Alexanderplatz Otto-Braun-Straße 90, 10249 Berlin (Mon – Sat, 9 AM to 1 PM and 2 to 6 PM + Sun, 9 AM to 1 PM)
Leonardo Hotel Berlin Mitte
Bertolt-Brecht-Platz 4, 10117 Berlin (Mon – Sat, 9 AM to 1 PM and 2 to 6 PM + Sun, 9 AM to 1 PM)
Leonardo Hotel Berlin
Wilmersdorfer Straße 32 (Entrance Spielhagenstr.) 10585 Berlin (Mon – Sat, 9 AM to 1 PM and 2 to 6 PM + Sun, 9 AM to 1 PM)
Köpenicker Str. 154, 10997 Berlin (Entrance A) (Mon – Fri, 9 AM to 8 PM)
What is my emmy username?
Your username is the e-mail address you used to register with us.
What happens if I forget my password?
Don’t worry. It happens to the best of us. If you’ve forgotten your password, click on “Login” on the emmy website or in the emmy app and then click on “Forgot your password”. In the following dialogue window, simply enter the e-mail address you used to register with us. After that, we’ll send you an e-mail with a link to reset your password.
How do I redeem my promotional code?
Lucky you! Did you manage to get your hands on one of our rare promotional codes, or were you referred by a friend? Then simply enter your code in the “Promotional code” field when registering and you’ll sign up for our service at the discounted rate advertised.
Data Protection & Privacy
How do you protect my personal information?
Service line: 030 220 124 40
Opening hours, office:
Mon to Fri: 9am – 8pm
Opening hours, customer service*:
Mon: 3pm – 5pm | Wed: 10am – 12am | Fri: 2pm – 4pm
*for test rides or in-person registration, please contact the customer service