Event of damage

You want to report a damage to the scooter or would like to know how you are insured with emmy?

What type of insurance coverage do I have?

When you ride our scooters, you are covered by liability and comprehensive insurance. In the event of damage, you are liable for up to 350 EUR (Govecs Schwalbe, NIU NQi Series), provided the damage was not caused intentionally or as result of gross negligence.

How high is the deductible?

The deductible is 350 EUR (Govecs Schwalbe, NIU) in the event of damage, provided the damage was not caused intentionally or as a result of gross negligence.

All scooters are covered by standard third-party liability insurance. In addition, each scooter has a comprehensive coverage that is the equivalent of a full comprehensive policy with third-party, fire and theft coverage.

Do I have to report damage to the scooter?

Damage is not a sensitive issue for us – scooters are a commodity and can get banged up from time to time. We just want to avoid a “That was already there”-mentality.

Minor cosmetic damage (smaller than a credit card) does not have to be reported. More severe cosmetic damage that does not affect vehicle safety can be reported via app – this includes scratches, graffiti and missing mobile phone holders.

For other damage, especially damage related to vehicle safety, please call our customer service immediately – e.g. broken fairing, missing mirrors or loose steering.

Call us by phone GER: +49 (0)30 220 124 40 , AT: +43 (0)720 8824 63 

How do I report a damage (before departure)?

If you notice any damage to your scooter, please click on “Report Damage” in the app. There you will find an overview of the damage that has already been reported for the scooter. If the damage you have discovered is not yet listed, please select the appropriate damage report or add a personal comment and click on “Submit”.

 In case of damage related to vehicle safety and any other urgent matters, please call us immediately at GER: +49 (0)30 220 124 40, AT: +43 (0)720 8824 63 

When is it best to just leave a scooter?

If the scooter looks battered, parts are missing or bent, etc., then do not ride the scooter under any circumstances and report the damage to our customer service by phone. Additionally, if you notice that the scooter is very unstable during your ride, for example if you have problems with the steering, stop riding immediately and report the damage to us by phone GER: +49 (0)30 220 124 40, AT: +43 (0)720 8824 63.

In the event of cosmetic damage such as scratches or a missing mobile phone holder, you are naturally free to use the scooter. Just be sure to report the damage to us via the app before departure.

I just had a little accident. Can I continue riding my scooter?

Even if it’s just a minor accident and no damage is visible at first glance, you must report any accident to our customer service and can not continue your ride. The scooter will then be deactivated and inspected by our service team.

In general, the following applies to every accident:

  • Call our customer service and report the accident GER: +49 (0)30 220 124 40, AT: +43 (0)720 8824 63
  • In the event of damage caused to or by a third party: Call the police!
  • Take photos of possible damage and/or the accident site.

For more information, take a look at our Terms and Conditions.

I had an accident! What do I do now?

In the event of an accident, the following always applies: Keep calm.

The following things are particularly important in the event of an accident:

  • Secure the scene of the accident and provide first aid if necessary.
  • Call an ambulance (if injured) and the police (if third parties are involved).
  • Do not leave the scene of an accident until the police have arrived and recorded all necessary information.
  • Inform the police/fire department that your scooter is an electric vehicle.
  • Take pictures of the scene of the accident and, if necessary, make a note of the file or incident number from the police.
  • Contact us by phone GER: +49 (0)30 220 124 40, AT: +43 (0)720 8824 63

During the rental period you are fully insured, so you don’t have to worry about damage to the scooter and enemy vehicles.

Our customer service will send you a damage form, which you will then need to fill out and send back to us along with any photos of the accident.

When should I contact the police?

If you have been in an accident in which a third party was involved, either as the injured party or as the party who caused the accident, or you’ve been in an accident in which third-party property has been damaged, always call the police immediately.


Can’t find what you’re looking for?

If you like the fine print, take a look at our terms and conditions or
just drop us an e-mail:


We are pleased to help you!